What's Regenerative Medicine?
While regenerative medicine is not new, it is being perfected in new ways to help our bodies heal themselves.
It’s estimated that 1 in 3 people could benefit from Regenerative Medicine in their lifetime.
When injured or invaded by disease, our bodies have a natural defense mechanism and an innate response to heal. Regenerative medicine is a field of medicine that is working to restore structure and function to damaged tissues, joints and organs.
Newport Regenerative Medicine, an advocate for non-invasive and natural healing, offers the following treatments:
Benefits of Regenerative Medicine
There are a number of benefits of regenerative medicine, including:
- Avoids surgery
- Can end or minimize chronic pain
- Outpatient procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Lower treatment costs than surgery
- Naturopathic – Promotes our own bodies ability to heal
- No steroids or cortisone needed
- Non-Narcotic – minimizes or eliminates need for prescription drugs
Note: Results can vary by patient.
There are four concentrations in the field of regenerative medicine:
- Cellular therapies – stimulating our bodies natural healing capabilities to repair tissues lost to trauma, disease, and wear and tear. The focus of our practice is to perform a thorough consultation and provide the options of care based on your diagnosis and findings.
- Tissue engineering and biomaterials – someday medicine may be able to use regenerative medicine to heal heart disease and other organs ravaged by disease
- Medical devices and artificial organs – this is the science of laboratory-grown organs for transplant
- Clinical translation – clinical research